1. Ask questions
Not sure? Ask questions. Don't feel comfortable. Ask questions. Just want to know more? Ask questions. Your esthetician is a trained licensed professional and is a wealth of knowledge. Never be afraid to ask questions, because the more you know the further you'll go!
2. Participate your esthetician may ask you to hold or move some body parts
Following instructions is key. It's can mean less pain and a quicker service. This is a team effort!
3. Pre-book staying on a regular schedule reduces growth and keeps skin smooth
Your hair grows in 3 stages or cycles. Staying on a consistent waxing schedule keeps you smooth, slows the growth, and thins and softens the hair.
4. Avoid tight clothes and undergarments after waxing
Relax after you wax. Keep yourself comfortable to let your skin heal.
5. Take over the counter pain reliever 30 mins prior to waxing to manage pain
Not about that pain in your life? Take 2 extra strength pain-relievers to make hair removal more tolerable.
6. Refrain from tanning 24 hours after waxing
Your skin is at its most delicate after waxing. Tanning will sensitize your skin and make waxing risky in the future.
7. Exfoliate your skin before and after waxing
Exfoliating in general help to remove dead skin build up around the base of the hair follicle. So when it's time to wax the hairs will be up and ready to be removed. Exfoliating after keeps those pesky ingrown hairs away.
8. No sexual intercourse 24 hours after a Brazilian wax
After you wax your skin is an open wound. Bumpin’ uglies introduces bacteria which leads to infection. Wait 24 hours before you share the love
9. Avoid working out right before and right after waxing
Working out prior to waxing dilates the capillaries and increases the risk of lifting the skin. After waxing, working out introduces sweat and bacteria to newly waxied skin, and can cause infections and breakout. Take it easy, relax after you wax!
10. Your pain threshold is highest between 3pm-5pm
By midday your nervous system is in full swing. try booking your waxing early in the morning and in the evening.